The BBC Proms

The BBC Proms

A little diary post today, on Sunday the 18th of this month I went to the BBC Proms in The Albert Hall for the first time, which I suppose means I have lost my Proms virginity....

Anyway I saw, the Scottish Symphony Orchestra perform:
Rapsodie espagnole - Ravel
Chute d' - Matthias Pintscher (being Mr. Multi-talented, he was also the conductor for the night.)

Then they played Stravinsky's The Firebird, taken from the forenamed ballet, which is just as hypnotizing even on a television screen. You could tell what was happening in the story just by a change from minor to major chords or sad to happy chords as I like to call them.

The experience was enchanting, and I really want to go back next year to more of them! Overall it was one of the best things I have done this year.
I suggest that everyone who ever gets the opportunity to go to the proms takes it, they will change your idea of classical music!

xoxo Miriam

Not a great picture I know...


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment