The Book Club: The Apartment

The Book Club: The Apartment

Rating: 7.5/10

Synopsis:
A man walks across and old European capital. Heavy snow falls. He has come from far away, hoping to forget. In the company of a new friend and alive to the new experiences of the city, he moves through the snow and his complicated history in search of an apartment.

My views:
This is both one of the best and strangest books I have read in quite sometime. I am quite a fast reader but this took me almost 2 weeks to get through, it challenged me more that I thought it would, asking questions about politics and my personal views on if you can truly be anonymous anywhere that you live. The only character I feel like talking about is Saskia which is the anonymous American's friend (aka the main character). She is both relatable and so far off from everything you know all in one, obsessed with art and a good social life, yet she is the one that raised all of the philosophical questions and political issues that rotate around the US. Oh and this book has no chapters none at all as far as I can tell it is just a stream of consciousness...
Basically what I am saying is if you lie your morals, politics and opinions being tested by a book read this.

xoxo Miriam

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment