September TBR


Since about mid-august I have been stuck in a reading slump, I found no interest in any of the books I have been wanting to read for the last few months or in some cases the last year. Now my TBR is currently moulded by my required reading for my English Module next semester.

Insurgent by Veronica Roth 

Since reading Divergent last year I have been wanting to read the rest of the trilogy, as not only is it a nice quick read but has a fast paced storyline that will keep me engaged.

Attack on Titan by Hajime Isayama 

During the months of July and August I watched the anime series with J and when I saw these books for under £2 each I decided now would be the perfect time to read the manga. And as with all gapthic novels these shouldn't take me all that long to get through leaving me more time for the next three books.

Selected Poems by Oscar Wilde

Unsurprisingly this is one of the books on my reading list, and as I have never read Wilde before I am excited to see what he has to offer. As someone who doesn't normally like poetry all that much I hope Wilde brings something new to the genre that I haven't seen before and that matched my attention.

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 

Again required reading but as this book is broken up into many shorter stories, I am going to gradually make my way through this book while I read the other books in my TBR before the semester starts.

Testament of Youth by Vera Brittain 

This isn't actually on my list for required reading, but was recommended to me by my mother and grandmother, and giving that they normally have very good taste in books I have been slowly making my way through the book. It can be a hard read at times, but it is a book that makes you think about your priorities and WW1 in a very different light.

What do you want to read this month?

XO, Miriam

P.S. Are you following me on Bloglovin' and Instagram

Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. Oscar Wilde is one of my favorite authors, his backstory and his life in general greatly intrigued me. I need to read more books by him, have you read The Picture of Dorian Grey? Did you like it? :)

    I also love Insurgent. Divergent will forever remain my favorite, but this series is SO good and so is the adaptations, I can't wait for Allegiant to come out!!!!♥ They usually come out on my bday so yay hahaha

    Happy reading!

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't I should really get around to that! I really like the films take on the series, normally I hate it when they are so different but these have been really good x

      Delete