Vegan Meal Ideas| Garlic and Mushroom Risotto


When I think of a classic risotto, like the ones my mum makes I think of the staple flavours garlic, onion and mixed Italian herbs. When these flavours are combined with mushrooms and the risotto rice the result is a creamy filling meal perfect for the autumn weather.

Ingredients:
75g Risotto rice per person
1 clove of garlic
2 shallots
2 teaspoons of mixed Italian herbs
3 or more mushrooms
1 green bell pepper
1/2 and avocado

Method:
1. Melt a small knob of vegan spread or heat up some olive oil
2. Add all the other ingredients except the avocado and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the onions are soft
3. Gradually add 500mls of hot water or vegetable stock, only adding more when the last amount has been absorbed by the rice
4. When you have run out of water or stock taste the rice to see if it is cooked to your preference, if not add more water until it reaches the consistency you want.
5. Finally add the avocado and smash it up slightly to create a creamy texture that is normally given by cheese in risotto.
6. I served mine with mixed salad greens, and pinch of paprika

Let me know if you give this a try, and show me the result on Instagram

XO, Miriam





P.S. Are you following me on Bloglovin' and Instagram

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment