Letters to Winter| One



Dear Winter,

November you took Autumn faster than I wanted you to. You have made my breath turns a hazy white, breathless from my evening run and the cold closing around my lungs. Winter you make it hard to live sometimes, wrapped in layer upon layer of knitwear and fumbling to unlock the front door with shivering hands. But it is as the moments when I have made no attempt to wear thermal sports wear when I feel the cold hit my bones that I feel most alive. One thing I regret about past winters is talking myself into disliking you Winter, but really I relish staying indoors with a cup of chai and a book (or magazine) escaping from the world and clinging hot red Starbucks mugs for dear life. I hope to enjoy the best of you this year Winter.

XO, Miriam

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment