Vegan Meal Ideas| French Toast


As a vegetarian I sometimes think is is worth me finding vegan alternatives for some of my favourite meals, but while I still eat dairy, eggs and honey I honestly believe that eating and living my life using as few animal products as possible is not only good for my health but for the environment and the animals that the products are sourced from. Now I have never had proper french toast, but I have had 'eggy-bread' which is similar so I guess this is my alternative to that.

Ingredients:
4 thick slices of bread
1 cup Almond milk or similar nut milk
1 tablespoon Chia seeds or Basil seeds
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 teaspoons Sugar
Sunflower of Coconut oil

Plus any toppings you desire.

Method:

1. Slice the amount of bread that you want, this works best with granary or wholewheat bread but white is fine.

2. Mix together the almond milk, cinnamon, chia/basil seeds, and sugar and leave for 10 minutes to thicken. If you leave it any longer the chia seeds will begin to create a pudding like texture.

If you don't want to see the seeds or are cooking for picky eaters you can always grind up the seeds into a more floury texture. 

3. Heat up a frying pan, with a small amount of sunflower oil or coconut oil while you are waiting for the almond milk mix.

4. Dip the slices of bread into the milk mix so both sides are coated and fry until the slices are golden brown and crisp around the edges.

5. Top with what ever you like, I chose golden syrup, desiccated coconut and fresh raspberries.

Let me know if you try it out, I would love to see your pictures on Instagram

XO, Miriam




P.S. Are you following me on Bloglovin' and Instagram

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment