What are you worth?

 Recently two of my favourite bloggers have tackled the idea of self-worth and self-esteem. Carrie from WishWishWish wrote a wonderful piece about body image here, while Sammy from Little Fickle wrote a personal post about Looks VS. Worth here. There are so many things I would like to say about self-worth but most of all that no one else should be able to affect it.

I couldn't think of a way to phrase this other than in what I consider to be the "English Literature style exam" style question:

Can your aesthetic ever be the same as your metaphorical worth?

 The simple answer is no, but as with all English Literature questions it is complicated. The reality is that the way in which you present yourself to others through your body language, make-up, clothes and all the rest does impact the way you feel, and does make a part of your total self worth.

You cannot value yourself just through the way you happen to look on any given day, linked to that is that you will never be up to everyone's beauty standards so don't expect to be. Don't get me wrong look after your physical appearance but just don't make it the reason you like yourself. Because we all have hundreds of other qualities that make use special and good enough for you.


I can fall into the habit of believing I am not good enough just as much as the next person can especially when it comes to looks. I guess I am a product of my generation, with a tendency to prioritise the way I look so that it equals my self-worth, but it doesn't there are so many other reasons why I am good enough, I just can't always see it.I just cannot believe I have allowed for it to impact my life for so long.


YOU ARE WORTH EVERYTHING YOU SAY TO YOURSELF.

XO, Miriam


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment