The Book Club| The Crying of Lot 49


The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon - 3/5

I wouldn't have picked this lil' book up if hadn't been required reading for one of my modules next semester, but as it was a short book I thought I could read it now and on the week we are studying it closely. The first half of the novel (novella?) gave me so much hope for the rest of it but I lost interest halfway. Now lets be clear this is a short book, and maybe its because it is required reading that I'm not enjoying it all that much but it started of with a sense of mystery and a complex storyline that could have been so good, but then. NOTHING. I mean stuff happened sure but even when everything is all concluded I felt nothing towards the characters, I didn't engage with so much of the story I just felt Meh.

Having said all of that I must admit I love the writing style here, so I might try out some of his other work in the future but this book wasn't for me. But hey at least it was short...

Now I'm of to read something I want to read rather than something I have to read!

XO, Miriam

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment