Veganuary


As I have mentioned love the last year or so, specifically in these posts (here and here) since my last post the amount of vegan meals and days I have been having has increased dramatically, not only is it cheaper to be vegan but also I feel better physically and mentally when I do. But the reality over the last couple of weeks is that I do still eat dairy and eggs more than I want to, so in order to challenge myself and hopefully make the full transition to veganism I am taking part in #veganuary (yes I know I hate that they put two word together as well) The idea is that you give up all animal products for the month of January, now I started a couple days late so will be continuing to the 3rd of February. You can find more information about it here.

For me at least the reason I want to do this, and ultimately go vegan is for both my health and the environment, while I also believe in the animal welfare reasons behind veganism it is something that I find quite hard to connect with as I can't bring myself to watch more graphic documentaries like Earthlings. I personally feel at my best when I eat a lot of carbs either mainly fruits and veggies or more starch based ones, so during this month I will be following a High Carb Low Fat vegan diet, which so many people that I follow in the online vegan community thrive on. I will be updating you on my progress throughout the month and hopefully the coming year about how I feel, with recipes, and tips for becoming vegan.

XO, Miriam


Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your Veganuary journey - I am doing it too! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia! It went really well, hope you were successful xo

      Delete