Pumpkin Pie.

For me autumn is the last taste of summer, before the cold wet grey months roll in, so I thought I should make the most of what autumn has to offer both in terms of fashion and food. I mean what is better than freshly baked pumpkin pie in the middle of autumn and with all the extra Halloween pumpkins I could resist making one for me and my family.


Ingredients:
  • 500g pumpkin puree
  • 250g shortcrust pastry
  • 300ml cream
  • 3 eggs
  • 150g caster sugar
  • 1tsp ground ginger, cinnamon and cloves
Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4)
  • To make the pumpkin puree cut up enough pumpkin and just put it in a blender.
  • Grease and line a pie tin with greaseproof paper and blind bake the pastry shell until brown (No soggy bottoms here, no sir!)
  • Beat together the cream, eggs, sugar and spices lightly.
  • Stir in the Pumpkin puree.
  • Then once the pastry has baked pour the mixture in to the pastry case and place it back into the oven until the mixture has set and is golden on top.
  • Eat with copious amounts of cream and lit carved pumpkins!

xoxo Miriam



Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment