The Book Club: The Devils Wears Prada




4/10

I read this during the summer holidays, and on reflection have decided to review it not because it was amazing but for should I say other reasons. But before I get started, the job that Andy has in the books is exactly the one I would love to have one day so she irritates me right from the beginning in both the book and film.

Now I must confess I watched the film before I read the book, and I am glad I did. I had heard so many great reviews of this book and I genuinely thought it would live up to them, however this book just did nothing for me. I hate saying that I don't like books and that people shouldn't read them, but I for the first time in a while thought the film was better than the book. However it wasn't all bad, I can't deny this would be perfect on a long flight or train trip because there isn't much else to do, but for just casual reading at home I really don't recommend. Sorry.

The only reason I carried on reading was because I like to see how books end compared to films and visa versa... And I am afraid to say the squeal just bored the pants off me.

xoxo Miriam

P.S. Sorry if you love this book, but I did read both until the end if that helps.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment