Exploring The Netherlands

The Hague

Rotterdam

Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Rotterdam
The Hague
The Hague
So last week I visited The Netherlands with a friend and I think I need to live there at some point it was incredible. We stayed with one of my friends relatives who showed us round both The Hague and Rotterdam which was lovely and meant we didn't have the embarrassment of saying we didn't speak the language for a couple of days. After that we explored by ourselves, starting with Amsterdam with a recommendation that we start our exploration on the western side where it is quieter and has lots of unique shops that we couldn't find in the UK. We ended up in The Tulip Museum which is almost opposite the Anne Frank museum if any of you fancy a nose around. Following our small exploration of the area we headed to Museum square which as you can see above had loads of Miffy's lined up. Naturally we had a look around the Rijks Museum which currently has a fantastic little exhibition about the history of the fashion magazine, which was mostly demonstrated through the use of illustrations on postcards.

When it comes down to it, I am definitely an Amsterdam person I love the contrast between the old houses with some of the newer buildings, with everything running alongside the seemingly canals. But I would be more than happy to stay in The Hague as well as it still has the contrast between old and new and the culture that I love about my favourite cities. It was also full of loads of super cute shops where I purchased a pair of green sunglasses that look a lot like a pair that Taylor Swift sports...  Rotterdam for me at least was all most too new, all of the architecture clashed, and it was almost too clean and maybe because we visited on a weekday it was really quiet. Other than that Rotterdam is pretty cool and my friend and I ate all of the food when we visited the Markthal. As well as that the docks are pretty damn impressive.

XO, Miriam 

Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. You lucky thing! I seriously want to visit The Netherlands.
    Your pictures are gorgeous. Looks like such an amazing place to visit. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would absolutely love it there! It is the cutest place x

      Delete