The Book Club| How To Build A Girl


How To Build A Girl by Caitlin Moran - 1/5

It is very rare that I don't finish a book or skip huge numbers of pages but this is one of those books for me. This might be an unpopular opinion but I really didn't enjoy this book, it started off well and then well I don't know what happened but it just wasn't for me. I'm not sure if it was the writing or the plot itself but the novel entered into the land of cringe, of the likes of Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. This was not helped by the fact that I had no empathy for the characters... For me at least I found that the amount of moments where I cringed outweighed the amount of moments that were clever, deep and interesting. I can't really put why I didn't read this book the whole way through into words, it just wasn't for me and I thought it would be best not to waste my time forcing my way through it. So I have only read parts one and three with the occasionally sentence here and there to keep me up to date with the storyline. I doubt I will ever come back to this book but that doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a try.


XO, Miriam

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment