Vegan Meal Ideas| Curried Veggies Rice Bowl



As many of you know I am in the process of gradually living an increasingly vegan lifestyle, and I have started where most people do with food. So to keep myself accountable and to give other people ideas I am going to start to share my favourite vegan recipe each week. So lets start with this wonderful bowl of goodness.

Ingredients: 
//2 Small Potatoes//1 Bell Pepper//4 Mushrooms//1 Spring Onion //Leafy Greens//Basmati Rice //Spices of Choice//

Method:
1. Cube and boil the potatoes and begin to cook the rice, I personally cook rice in a pan but if you have a rice steamer that is fine.
2. Chop up  the rest of the ingredients, and choose your spices. For the bowl showed above I used, cumin, chilli, cayenne pepper, ginger and a small pinch of cinnamon.
3. Pour out most of the water from the boiled potatoes and add the remaining veggies excluding the spring onion and leafy greens.
4. Add the spices and a small amount of salt to the cooking veggies stir until the veggies are coated in the spice mix and are cooked to your tastes.
5. Put the cooked rice and leafy greens into a bowl, followed by the veggies and top with the spring onion.
6. Tuck in.

Let me know if you try this on Twitter: @coffeechanel or Instagram: @englishmademoiselle

XO, Miriam

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment