The Book Club| Divergent, The Girl You Left Behind and Before I Go To Sleep.


Divergent by Veronica Roth: 8/10
I am a sucker for dystopian novels, and if I am completely honest this is better than all of the others that I have read. Yes, even The Hunger Games. For me the test of a good books it how much I read it, and therefore how fast I read it. I read this in two evenings, so this was a winner for me. As well as it being truly gripping action wise, I found that the characters were 3D and you could relate to them (I did not worry about them at all between starting and finishing the book)... I cannot wait to get my hands on the rest of the trilogy as I have heard that the other two books are just as gripping and emotional.

The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes: 6/10
During my trip to India/Nepal, my friend and I swapped books halfway though and this was hers. I wasn't really sure about the book from the blurb but I was pleasantly surpised when I found myself close to tears near the end of the book, it takes place in two time frames but both revolve around the same painting, although this wasn't one of the best books I have ever read I would recommend it for a summer holiday book/travelling book as it is easy to read with other things going on.

Before I Go To Sleep by S.J.Waston: 6/10
This is the book I took to India/Nepal. The story was brilliant and although near then end you could predict what was going to happen, I found it an easy way into understanding a little of what someone with memory loss could go though. I did find the story a little extreme in places and I think in parts it could have been worded slightly better, but overall a good read.

XO, Miriam


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment