I turned 18 last month.


//Hat - Topshop//Dress - Mango//Belt - New Look//

I was flicking through my photos from my blog the other day and stumbled upon these outfit shots which happen to be from my eighteenth birthday. I forgot about them in the midst of my travels and well LIFE. I picked up this dress while in Portugal back in May, and well isn't it just the perfect summer day dress that can be easily transitioned in to autumn. I cannot wait to style this china doll style print with some more basic items to create a more layer effect. But for now I am happy wandering around in nothing but the dress and a hat, because hey it is summer and for once the UK has been blessed with sunlight!





I am glad I left this post until now, because since turning 18 years of age I have learned a lot about myself, partly because my parents have allowed me more freedom and because I have chosen to go out and do things that I may not have done before my travels. Oddly enough I was not one of those people who on the day of their 18th birthday went clubbing, in fact I still haven't entered a proper night club (I am yet to discover that "joy"). To make up for that fact I took to traveling and trying to move on from toxic relationships.

I may have mentioned this before but I use my birthday as a sort of New Years. I make resolutions that I want to do in the next year of my life, besides the usual get healthier and read more books. On my list this year:

  • Move on from friendships and other relationships that are toxic for me, even if that may affect the other persons happiness.
  • Stick to writing in my journal, keep being passionate about it.
  • Work on those sewing projects... Yep the 100 I have stored up ready to be started.
  • Trust my instincts and try my hardest not to take the opinions of people I don't know very well to heart.
  • SMILE everyday even if it is only at a silly cat video on YouTube.
Eighteen seems an awfully large number to someone who doesn't feel at all ready to venture into adult life, but I believe that a number does not define your age your mindset does. If you think you can do something and ignore the expectations of others for your age group then there is no reason why you shouldn't do that very thing!

XO, Miriam

P.S. This is the first post in a while I have written with no proof reading and without the aid of my journal or a list of ideas... so sorry for grammatical errors and general waffling!  Also this song:


Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. I love the dress, so pretty. It's so important to take the time to figure out who you are and what's important to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, I think it is something everyone need to evaluate on a regular basis.
      XO, Miriam

      Delete