The Book Club| Eldest

"Live in the present, remember the past, and fear the future, for it doesn't exist and it never shall. There is only now." 

Eldest - 3/5

I cannot believe it has taken me two years to get around to reading the second book in the Inheritance Cycle. The book begins with Eragon and Saphria traveling to Ellesmera to complete their dragon rider training amongst the elves. But while they try to fit decades of training in to mere weeks and months, we learn about Eragon 's cousin Roran as he attempts to protect the mountain community from the Empire. While I found the book enjoyable to read but is pales in comparison to other fantasy novels. Having said that the book was an easy read, and a great sequel to the first book.

"Life is both pain and pleasure. If this is the price you must for the hours you enjoy, is it too much?"

By far my favourite characters are Arya and Saphria, they are more than happy to put Eragon in his place, which needs to happen often enough for it to create two brilliant - dare I say - sassy characters. Well sort of. I am not sure whether I will bother with the next books as it was not compelling enough to make me want to read it over other books on my reading list.

xo, miriam

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment